In lieu of my normal Monday Musing, I’d like to take a minute to remind everybody that movements are made of more than those who comment on them. The feminist movement is no different and won’t be derailed by tangential commentary by supporters or opposition. There are real people out there doing hands-on work for women from addressing misrepresentation in all it’s forms to fighting violence against women. It was not so long ago that a woman was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for her advocacy of girl’s education worldwide. So I’m going to take this time to honor those in this movement who are moving:
- Malala Fund – http://www.malala.org
- The Girl Effect – http://www.girleffect.org
- MenEngage – http://www.menengage.org
- Parity – http://www.parity.uk.org
- A Mighty Girl – http://www.amightygirl.com
- The Global Fund for Women – http://www.globalfundforwomen.org
- Male Survivor – http://www.malesurvivor.org
- Gender Spectrum – http://www.genderspectrum.org
- Center for Health and Gender Equity – http://www.genderhealth.org
And there’s so many more:
I also want to say a HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to the European Space Agency and their incredible achievement and to apologize to Dr. Taylor. We’ve all made fashion faux pas, your’s was captured on live tv, which sucks.
The world will forget that, but they will not forget your achievement.