This is a good post. I may not agree perfectly with all points, but it’s mostly true. Unfortunately, from my point of view, it doesn’t negate the need to work on male privilege either. As stated previously, those with privilege should be using it to address the state of the non-privileged.
1. Female privilege is being able to walk down the street at night without people crossing the street because they’re automatically afraid of you.
2. Female privilege is being able to approach someone and ask them out without being labeled “creepy.”
3. Female privilege is being able to get drunk and have sex without being considered a rapist. Female privilege is being able to engage in the same action as another person but be considered the innocent party by default.
4. Female privilege is being able to turn on the TV and see yourself represented in a positive way. Female privilege is shows like King of Queens and Everybody Loves Raymond where women are portrayed as attractive, competent people while men are shown as ugly, lazy slobs.
5. Female privilege is the idea that women and children should be the first rescued from any sort of emergency situation…
View original post 325 more words